22 March 2006

Postbote Pat

BerlinBear avatarAs a kid, I was a big fan of the children's television show Postman Pat. That childhood enthusiasm was nourished in my late teens and early twenties when I was a regular at Murphy's Irish Bar, whose house band The Dog's Bollix (mentioned in this recent post) had the theme song from Postman Pat as their signature tune.

Given that, imagine my surprise and throwback-to-childhood delight when this BBC article was brought to my attention yesterday. It seems that Postman Pat's black and white cat, Jess, is getting his own spin-off show. Sounds like fun. And better still, according to the article, the original Postman Pat is set to be aired in on German television soon, under the incredibly inventive title
Postbote Pat.

It's enough to make you wish you were a kid again.
[Hat-tip to Hildypants for the heads-up]

Tags: