17 March 2006

Happy St. Patricks Day

BerlinBear avatarI don't really celebrate St. Patricks Day, any more. I used to when I was an undergraduate at the University of Auckland. This was for two main reasons. First, my friends and I were pretty much regulars at an Irish Pub in town (Murphy's Bar - for those in the know - back in the days when The Dog's Bollix still played there). And secondly, crucially, St. Patricks Day is a celebration which principally involves drinking, which made it perfect for undergraduate students such as myself.

This year, I even almost missed the fact that today is St. Patrick's Day entirely. Only just noticed now, when I came across something by chance online. But since I have several Irish friends who I know will be larking it up today and really getting into the spirit of the thing, I thought I'd just bang out a quick post to wish anyone who feels "spoken to" a very happy St. Patrick's Day.




For more info:
St-Patricks-Day.com
Wikipedia article on St. Patrick's Day


Tags: