20 March 2006

Happy birthday, belatedly

BerlinBear avatar So it turns out that The Capital Letter turned one year old yesterday, and I missed its birthday. Oops! Best wishes, belatedly, for a very happy birthday, blog. Sorry to have neglected you on your special day.

When I first started blogging, over at tBlog, I had no idea whether I would be a flash-in-the-pan blogger, or would be in it for the long haul. It turns out I'm in it for the medium haul at the very least. Though things have slowed down considerably in recent months, I'm still enjoying it, and still have every intention of keeping going.

I read somewhere recently that over 80% of blogs that are picked up by the blog indexing and search tool technorati die before the three month mark. So in those terms, The Capital Letter is already a veteran. I may not be the most prolific blogger, the most controversial blogger, or even the most interesting blogger out there, but I've stuck at it, so far, and I'd like to think I've written at least a few posts worth reading in the course of the last year. (There's been some dross too, I'm the first to admit, but you have to take the rough with the smooth, don't you?)

Thanks to all my readers and commenters who keep coming back. A few of you (*cough* Lindy, Kiwi in Zurich) have been here since the very beginning, others have joined the journey somewhere further down the line. It's always nice to hear from you and to get your opinions and feedback on what I have to say. I appreciate that you take the time to read my blatherings musings and add gems of your own.

Just for a bit of a blast from the past, I moved my first two posts from The Capital Letter's original home over to this site. If you missed the start, or if you fancy a refresher, here they are in all their beginner's glory:

Taking the Plunge
What's in a name?