12 February 2006

Books that don't exist

BerlinBear avatar This is a cool website which is worth a look: The Invisible Library.

The invisible library is chock-full of books which don't exist. That's right: books which don't exist. What does that mean? Well, I'll let the invisible library speak for itself on that:
The Invisible Library is a collection of books that only appear in other books. Within the library's catalog you will find imaginary books, pseudobiblia, artifictions, fabled tomes, libris phantastica, and all manner of books unwritten, unread, unpublished, and unfound.
Does it make me a sad, sad geek that I think that is an utterly fantastic idea? Since discovering this site yesterday [Hat-tip: eponymous text], I've been trawling around in the catalog, spying treasures previously unfathomed. Wonderful stuff.

Watch this space for a few posts about books I'd be keen to read if only they existed.


Tags: