03 January 2006

Weird news roundup

BerlinBear avatarEver since I first started blogging, one of my staple sources for weird and wacky German news stories that are worth sharing has been Deutsche Welle's regular feature entitled From the Fringe.

I've just spotted that the Deutsche Welle website has published a roundup of the best From the Fringe articles from 2005. If you've been reading The Capital Letter for a while, and especially if you followed me here from tBlog, then you're likely to recognise a few of the stories. In any case, there are some truly weird and wonderful tales in there.

I look forward to bringing you a selection of similarly off-the-wall German exploits in 2006 and I fully expect From the Fringe to provide me with some of the fodder I need in order to do so.


Tags :