11 November 2005

Request for blogger advice

I wonder if a friendly blogspot.com blogger can help me out. I've noticed that on many, even most, blogspot blogs, the blog title at the top of each page is a link back to the main page. What I don't know is how that is done.

First, I tried turning the Blog title into a link on the settings page. That worked for making it a link, but it messed up the title in the browser's title bar when I viewed my blog, so I ditched it again.

Then I tried inserting a link into the <$BlogTitle$> tags in my template. That didn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? It must be easy to do, since so many blogs have their titles as links to the main page, but I can't for the life of me work out what I need to tweak.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.